Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bahamas Bound!

Bon Voyage to Megs and I! We are going on a Cruise to the Bahamas for Spring Break! Despite the fact that my mother thinks we're going to fall overboard or get kidnapped, I'm actually quite excited. Furthermore, we are porting in Nassau on our second day, and it just so happens that our fav boys from UF are going to be there! There's unfortunately massive amounts of school standing in front of our wonderful vacation, but this is a great distraction. Who knows? I might even get over my irrational fear of sea animals and go snorkeling.



Today I was feeling sick and decided at the age of 21 that I wanted to be organized, so I decided to write down all my assignments for this semester in my syllabus into a planner. Let me warn you my dear friends and family that this is in fact not a good decision. As I wrote I began to feel overwhelmed, and by the time I got around March, I think I started having heart palpitations. I suddenly felt like everything was due tomorrow or something, and came to the conclusion that mapping things out in advance is a poor idea and will never be practiced by myself again.

As an avid watcher of Bravo, TLC, The Food Network, The Travel Channel, and Discovery Health, I often see some very bizarre television. Being sick today, I was afforded the opportunity to watch hours of pointless madness. After watching the Discovery Health story about the girl who was born with two heads (the attached head being a parasitic twin that literally moved and cried), I proceeded to flip to Bravo, which was showing The Millionaire Matchmaker, who is an obviously Jewish Matchmaker named Patty that tries to find love for millionaires that are a part of her millionaire's club. Let me go ahead and tell you who I'm not impressed with: THE MILLIONAIRE MATCHMAKER. Patty, who believes herself to be the Mother Theresa of matchmaking thinks she's doing the world such a service by finding people "true love". Really, how hard is it to see what people would be good together? I do this all the time. (Of course not for myself, but that's part of the martyrdom of being a matchmaker) Furthermore, how hard is it to find someone to "LOVE" a millionaire? She literally puts the men in a "mixer" which is really code word for a room filled with more gold-diggers than were in California circa 1849. They then just get to hand-pick whoever they want out of said mixer, kind of like a person picking out their favorite puppy out of a litter at the local pound. If they just so happen to hit it off, Patty gets the credit for "matching" them, when in reality she just tore the millionaire away from his work long enough to conveniently pick a desperate LA waitress/actress out of a room. Really, Patty...if you can find a match for Joe-Schmo who makes seven dollars an hour, works at the local Taco Bell, has less teeth than he does fingers, and drives an 1982 LeBaron, then I'll be impressed. Until then, I consider myself just as good a match maker as you, Miss Patty.



On the subject of Gator Basketball, Saturday night's game was out of control exciting. Mr.Parsons racked up his second game-winner this season as he drilled a three with nothing left on the clock, giving Florida another, and their third very important conference win. I must say, I'm proud of Walker for not pulling up for a 30 footer at the end of the game like I thought he would. I think it's safe to say that passing to Parsons at the end of the game is a solid choice. Go Gators!

Not having class on Mondays is A+ my friends. In fact, Mondays are so pleasant these days, I am learning to hate Tuesdays with the fiery passion that I used to reserve for Mondays.

Keep it Classy!

Erin Glynn

No comments:

Post a Comment