Sunday, January 31, 2010

24 Update, Another "Only Me" Revelation, and Things I Love

Okay, so the new 24 episode is on tomorrow, so I feel the burning pressure to update tonight. This week's episode was obviously a bridge episode between the action-packed four hour premier, and the rising action that is to come. Renee Walker is completely coo-coo, and as such, I predict with a myriad of other people, that Jack Bauer is going to fall in love with her. She should be careful though...we all saw what happened to his last wife, and Audrey Raines. For some reason though, I think she can take it slightly better than those women. She apparently can act her way out of anything, with her academy-award like performance that saved her from certain death. (Really though, Vlad totally has a thing for her, and probably wouldn't kill her anyway) Apparently freckles and insanity is what all the guys want these days.

Moving on to the "Only Me" revelation of the day. Why do I feel like it's only me who gets the crazy cart EVERY time I go to the store? It has come to the point where it is only expected. I was walking in Target with a shopping cart, only to realize that there is a solitary crippling wheel that not only sways the cart, but makes an embarrassingly loud noise as you walk throughout the store. I'm talking the wheel is shaking like I'm carrying an elephant as the contents of the cart. Even if the cart starts out normally, and I begin to feel victorious and lucky and have a grin on my face, the wheel begins to shake and sputter and my victory soon turns to failure and my grin to grimace. It's only my fate that even if the cart was perfectly normal before I took it, it's point of malfunction would begin when I began pushing it. As I feel like everybody in the electronics department is staring at me like, "Why is this girl walking around with this crazy cart?" the internal struggle begins. Should I walk back and return the cart for a new one? I'm already by the electronics, and if I kind of push down on the cart, the noise isn't as loud as the sonic boom that it usually is, and is stifled to a dull screech. Do I just keep the cart? Even though I'll surely be walking around with it for much further than if I just returned it. What if I go and get a new cart and it inevitably does the same thing? And so I keep trekking in hopes that I find some flawless abandoned cart in the toy aisle or something which proves only to be a figment of a fantasy in my imagination, because only I will always, always get the crazy cart.


After talking so extensively about something I hate (shopping carts), I will now shift my focus during this month of love (February) and talk about a few (or ten) random things that I love in this life:

#1. Pointy-Toed Pumps

While I am aware that I love shoes in general, I need to give some extra love this week to the pointy-toed pump. What's better than a shoe that makes you feel powerful and feminine all at the same time? It's like the pencil skirt's soul mate, and the jean's best friend. Ever-classy and classic, and never out of place, the pointy-toed pump comes in a variety of colors and styles, and can make any outfit go from blah to fabulous. I must say, my black, Nine West, three-inch pumps probably see more of this world than most of my shoes!

#2. Hugs

Let's face it. Hugs are fantastic. What is better than hugging a friend you haven't seen in awhile, or hugging someone in cold weather, or hugging your dog after a bad day? I am a fan particularly of the "jump hug" where you get to exert all your hugging needs.

#3. The Olympics

February 12th, baby. When I'm not broke and I begin to plan all my vacations around where the Olympics are located every two years, I will take pictures for you all. I'm not sure why I love the Olympics. It all started in the 1996 Atlanta games, and never stopped. I'm still planning on becoming a curling master and making it to the Olympics eventually.


#4. Valentines Day

Just kidding.

#5. Basketball

As I watched my little brother's game the other day, I realized that I really do just love the sport. Playing it, watching it, whatever. Basketball is at it's best when I'm just playing some pick up games with family or friends and having fun. Also, does it get any better than March Madness? Get your brackets ready, my friends. March is a-comin'.

#6. Paintings

I'm a humanities major, so I'm allowed this one, right? While my love started with Italian Renaissance paintings, it's simply grown from there. I guess if you write enough 15 page papers about a single painting, you begin to realize the amount of expression it can hold. Three cheers to the girl who accidentally fell into the Picasso at the met the other week, ripping a six inch hole in the 120 million dollar painting. She was in an art appreciation class. I'm sure her teacher does not enjoy her way of expressing appreciation to that Picasso.

#7. Dresses

This is a more recent love I've discovered. Moreso the use of casual dresses. Who says you have to wear jeans everyday? Not I. In the past year or so, I've obtained a new-found love for dresses that I intend on keeping for awhile. Plus, you don't even have to match anything...it's all one piece. No, this is not a permission to wear other one-piece clothing items such as overalls, jumpers, and unitards.

#8.

No comments:

Post a Comment